|When:||April 24, 2022|
|Where:||Marmion Academy, Aurora|
|Eligibility:||Illinois residents only. Wrestlers must have a current USA Wrestling athlete membership.|
|Age Groups:||USA Junior, 16U, 14U, 12U, 10U, 8U
USA Junior and 16U will be combined into one division while using the USA Junior weight classes.
14U, 12U, 10U, & 8U wrestlers will be combined with no more than a 3-year age gap between them.
Click Age & Weight Chart in the navigation bar for divisions.
|Rules:||United World Wrestling (UWW) with USA Wrestling (USAW) modifications.|
|Notes:||2-man brackets will wrestle ONE BOUT (No best 2 of 3).
No exhibition matches are allowed.
|Entry Fee:||Pre-Registration - $40
On-Site - $55
|Spectator Admission:||Adults - $6
Students with I.D. - $4
|Registration:||Must have a current USA Wrestling athlete membership to register. Click here to purchase a membership.
Pre-registration (Ends Wednesday, April 20, 2022, 11:59 pm) Preregistration is Closed
Saturday, April 23, 2022, Marmion Academy, 7 pm to 8 pm
Sunday, April 24, 2022, Marmion Academy, 8 am to 9 am
|Weigh-ins:||Saturday, April 23, 2022, Marmion Academy, 7 pm to 8 pm - Enter Door #7|
Sunday, April 24, 2022, Marmion Academy, 8 am to 9 am - Enter Door #7
Once your weigh-in is complete, you CANNOT change weight classes.
|Wrestling:||Sunday, April 24, 2022 - Enter Door #7
10 am to approximately 1 pm - All age groups
|Uniforms:||Predominantly RED and predominantly BLUE singlets are allowed, as well as singlets mimicking the UWW color scheme. If a singlet is mimicking the UWW color scheme, the following criteria must be met:
1) The dominant color of RED singlets shall be comprised of one of the following: white, orange, pink, red, yellow, brown, or gold.
2) The dominant color of BLUE singlets shall be comprised of one of the following: black, blue, green, grey, purple, or silver.
3) Two 7 cm bands, one on each leg, shall be positioned across the bottom edge of the leg. For clear distinction, the marking shall cover the circumference of the leg.
4) One 7 cm band positioned on the backside of the upper torso. The band shall be exclusively placed on the back half of the singlet (not visible on the front half).
5) The bands must remain untouched from any graphic, logo, or third-party identification.
Click here to purchase singlets.
|Coaching:||All coaches are required to have a current USAW wrestling leader membership|
|Separation Criteria:||USA Junior and 16U
1) Returning USA Junior or 16U Freestyle All-Americans (Fargo only).
2) 2021 Illinois USA Junior or 16U Freestyle National Team Members.
3) Team or club members.
14U, 12U, 10U, 8U
1) Team or club members.
|Format:||Vertical Pairing (double elimination tournament)
All Age Groups
Weight classes with 5 or less wrestlers - one pool
Weight classes with 6 or more wrestlers - two pools (A & B), winner of each pool wrestle for 1st place, second place finisher from each pool wrestle for 3rd place.
Note: Duplicate bouts WILL NEVER occur in a veritically paired tournament. Results from the pool are always moved forward to the round robin.
|Awards:||All Age Groups - Medals for 1st place through 4th place.|
|National Team Qualifying:||USA Junior and 16U - Girls Freestyle State participants automatically qualify for the USA Junior and 16U Girls Freestyle National Championships.|
|Questions:||Email or call (618) 406-3268.|