|When:||May 7, 2023|
|Where:||Marmion Academy, Aurora|
|Eligibility:||Illinois residents only. Wrestlers MUST have a current USA Wrestling Athlete Membership.|
|Age Groups:||USA Junior, 16U, 14U, 12U, 10U, 8U
USA Junior and 16U: Qualifications for the USA Junior and 16U Women's National Championships (Fargo) has changed this year and in the event of one entry weight classes, those USA Junior and 16U weight classes will be combined so wrestlers have the opportunity to wrestle at the State Tournament.
14U, 12U, 10U, & 8U wrestlers will be combined with no more than a 3-year age gap between them.
Click Age & Weight Chart in the navigation bar for divisions.
|Rules:||United World Wrestling (UWW) with USA Wrestling (USAW) modifications.|
|Notes:||2-man brackets will wrestle ONE BOUT (No best 2 of 3).
No exhibition matches are allowed.
|Entry Fee:||Pre-Registration - $40 plus Trackwrestling processing fee
On-Site - $55, CASH ONLY
|Registration:||Must have a current USA Wrestling Athlete Membership to register. Click here to purchase a membership.
Pre-registration (Ends Wednesday, May 3, 2023, 11:59 pm) Preregistration is Closed
Sunday, May 7, 2023, Marmion Academy, Enter Door #7 Time: 8 am to 9 am
|Weigh-ins:||FOR PRE-REGISTERED WRESTLERS ONLY: Saturday, May 6, 2023, Marmion Academy, Enter Door #7 Time: 7 pm to 8 pm|
FOR PRE-REGISTERED AND ON-SITE REGISTRATIONS: Sunday, May 7, 2023, Marmion Academy, Enter Door #7 Time: 8 am to 9 am
Once your weigh-in is complete, you CANNOT change weight classes.
|Wrestling:||Sunday, May 7, 2023
10 am to approximately 2 pm - All age groups
|Uniforms:||Must wear a women/girls cut singlet.
Predominantly RED and predominantly BLUE singlets are allowed, as well as singlets mimicking the UWW color scheme. If a singlet is mimicking the UWW color scheme, the following criteria must be met:
1) The dominant color of RED singlets shall be comprised of one of the following: white, orange, pink, red, yellow, brown, or gold.
2) The dominant color of BLUE singlets shall be comprised of one of the following: black, blue, green, grey, purple, or silver.
3) Two 7 cm bands, one on each leg, shall be positioned across the bottom edge of the leg. For clear distinction, the marking shall cover the circumference of the leg.
4) One 7 cm band positioned on the backside of the upper torso. The band shall be exclusively placed on the back half of the singlet (not visible on the front half).
5) The bands must remain untouched from any graphic, logo, or third-party identification.
Click here to purchase singlets.
We will have limited supply of singlets available for purchase at the tournament (No mediums). $20 for each singlet, CASH ONLY.
|Coaching:||All coaches are required to have a current USAW Wrestling Leader Membership|
|Separation Criteria:||USA Junior and 16U
1) Returning USA Junior or 16U Freestyle All-Americans (Fargo only).
2) 2022 Illinois USA Junior or 16U Freestyle National Team Members (Fargo only).
3) Team or club members.
14U, 12U, 10U, 8U
1) Team or club members.
|Format:||Vertical Pairing (double elimination tournament)
All Age Groups
Weight classes with 5 or less wrestlers - one pool
Weight classes with 6 or more wrestlers - two pools (A & B), winner of each pool wrestle for 1st place, second place finisher from each pool wrestle for 3rd place.
Note: Duplicate bouts WILL NEVER occur in a vertically paired tournament. Results from the pool are always moved forward to the round robin.
|Awards:||All Age Groups - Medals for 1st place through 4th place.|
|National Team Qualifying:||USA Junior - Top three (3) in each weight class qualify for the Women's USA Junior Freestyle National Championships.
16U - Top three (3) in each weight class qualify for the Women's 16U Freestyle National Championships.
|Questions:||Email or call (618) 406-3268.|