Jon Davis Kids Open coming May 1, 2021 to the Woodside Dome, Wisconsin Dells
The IKWF, in partnership with the Wisconsin Wrestling Federation, is finalizing plans to host the Jon Davis Kids Open. More information will be posted here the week of 4/5/21. We are excited to offer this opportunity to our wrestling families!
2021 IKWF Season – The Board of Directors met on Thursday, March 25th and decided the following for the remainder of the 2020-21 membership year:
1) The official practice start shall be April 5th, 2021.
2) Dual Meets can begin on April 19, 2021 and continue until June 21, 2021.
3) Tournaments, including IKWF State Series events, will not be sanctioned for the remainder of the 2020-21 season.
4) Clubs should follow the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) guidance regarding safeguards against the spread of COVID-19 (see link below).
The IKWF Board of Directors met on Sunday, January 24th to reassess the IKWF response to the COVID19 pandemic. At this time, no changes are being made to the Return to Wrestling plan.
However, Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) guidelines have been adjusted to allow for practice and intra-squad scrimmages in certain IDPH Regions. Clubs looking to begin practice should refer to the IDPH guidelines to check if their COVID region has been moved into less restrictive mitigations.
Clubs are reminded the IKWF strongly recommends everyone follow the guidelines provided by the IDPH.
The IKWF Board of Directors met on Sunday, November 15, 2020 to discuss options for the 2020-21 season. Due to the continued conditions of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Board of Directors have revised their plan for the 2020-21 season to the following:
The IKWF will continue to follow the guidance and guidelines provided by the U.S. Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH). If you are in violation of the order, you and your club are subject to all penalties issued by the IDPH and local health departments.
Currently, wrestling remains in Level 1 of the IDPH All Sports Policy which allows for NON-CONTACT practice and training. All clubs, coaches, wrestlers, and officials should adhere to the IDPH All Sports Policy.
Under the current guidelines, there will be NO USA Wrestling sanctioned events during the 2020-21 IKWF season unless the CDC and IDPH guidelines and policies change to allow such competitions.
The IKWF Board of Directors voted on the following changes to the 2020-21 season:
– Changed the proposed practice start date to April 5, 2021.
– If allowed by the CDC and IDPH policies and guidelines, IKWF Regionals will be held.
– Click this link for the IKWF Board of Directors 2020-21 9-week season plan: 2020-21 Season Plan.
The IKWF Board of Directors remains optimistic we will have a 2020-21 season, the health and well-being of all IKWF members and their families remains the number one priority.
The IKWF and IL/USAW will continue to follow this very fluid situation and will address these dates based upon the guidance provided by the CDC, IDPH, and USAW. Thank you for your patience and understanding during these very challenging times.
The IKWF Board of Directors
Revised IKWF 2020-21 Season Plan
State of Illinois Guidances
IDPH COVID-19 Region Metrics
IDPH All Sports Policy
Congratulations to Bolingbrook Junior Raiders, the 2020 team champions! Results:
1st Place: Bolingbrook Junior Raiders
2nd Place: Team 1006 Wrestling
3rd Place: Greg Gomez Trained Wrestling
4th Place: Tinley Park Bulldogs
5th Place: Belleville Little Devils
6th Place: Champaign WC
7th Place: Plainfield WC
8th Place: Edwardsville WC
Complete results can be found on Trackwrestling.com.
- October 13, 2019: General Board Meeting, IKWF Office, 10:30 am
November 23, 2019: Deadline to be eligible for IKWF events starting on December 7th (See by-laws 19.2.8 and 184.108.40.206).
November 30, 2019: Deadline to declare club affiliation for wrestlers who purchased their USAW athlete membership as an unattached wrestler or for pre-season training purposes (see by-law 16.2.20).
December 7, 2019: Competition start date (see by-law 16.2.19).
December 15, 2019: Deadline to submit $300 fee to participate in the Dual Meet State Championship Series (see by-law 220.127.116.11).
January 1, 2020: Deadline to submit club transfer request (see by-law 16.2.8).
January 18 & 19, 2020: Jon Davis Kids Open, Bank of Springfield Center
January 26, 2020: Dual Meet State Championships
February 1, 2020: Deadline to purchase club charter and be eligible for the IKWF State Series (see by-law 19.1).
February 8, 2020: Deadline for wrestlers and coaches to be eligible for the IKWF State Series (see by-laws 15.11 & 19.2.7).
Feb. 29 or Mar. 1, 2020: Regionals
March 7, 2020: Sectionals
March 12-14, 2020: State Championships, Rockford
A message from the USA Wrestling Director of Safe Sport:
Club leaders and coaches,
It has come to our attention a few times in the past months that coaches without current wrestling leader memberships are being allowed on the mat and in the club wrestling rooms. Excuses include: “I am in the process of getting my background screening or safe sport training” or “I know that coach is good to go”.
LET US BE CRYSTAL CLEAR: NO CURRENT USA WRESTLING LEADER MEMBERSHIP, NO COACHING…PERIOD.
Any violation within clubs or at events will result in sanctions up to and including suspension of club charters, event sanctions, or individual memberships for those involved.
The US Center for Safe Sport will be conducting audits to see if state associations are in compliance.
Online registration and 2019-20 forms are available.
- Another successful IKWF season comes to an end. The IKWF thanks the 1,000’s of volunteer coaches, parents, and supporters who make it all possible.
- Congratulations to:
- Team 1006 Wrestling – Senior Division Team Champions
- Arlington Cardinals – Novice Division Team Champions
- Tony Cassioppi of Hononegah WC – Jim Didi Coach of the Year
- Bruno Cassioppi of Hononegah WC – Marty Combes Award Winner (Outstanding Novice Division Wrestler)
- Kannon Webster of Super Soldiers WC – Ron Urwin Award Winner (Outstanding Senior Division Wrestler)
- Click on “2019 Brackets” in the right sidebar for complete results from the 2019 IKWF State Championships.